On Thursday a group ride meets in our parking lot,(this ride may or may not included a a shop representative) weather permitting, for a 24.9 mile road bicycle ride, moderately hilly road ride through Gambrills, Crownsville and Davidsonville. (941+ feet of climbing - some may consider this hilly) The ride meets @ 5:45 and leaves from the shop at 6PM.
The Group pace averages around 18+ MPH
Riders need to be comfortable in a group riding situation which includes riding on the road, pace lines, drafting and other group ride etiquette, such as hand signals etc. Also during the ride all riders MUST obey the rules of the road and all traffic laws.
This is a DROP ride so please make sure you have the cue sheet or GPS Route. (Our Tuesday Night Ride is more moderate)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A road bicycle in good working order
- Fix a Flat Kit with Spare Tube
- Hydration - two bottles in the summer months
- For rides of this length you may want bring extra nutrition - ride does not stop
- Print the CUE Sheet below and bring along or load the route into your GPS